2.25.2015

One Month Weight Loss Update

It's been 33 days since I officially started trying to lose weight by counting calories and eating at a deficit along with running in place a couple times a week and most recently; hiking. I've lost roughly 7 lbs and have shrunk about 2 cup sizes so I thought it would be interesting to update on how my bras fit at this point.

I still find 30 bands for UK bras and 70 bands for Polish bras to be more comfortable. I think it might be something I stick to even at my goal weight because I'm over the feeling of super tight bands. I may end up needing 28/65 bands in the end since I have at least 15lbs to go, but if my boobs keep shrinking at this rate, I doubt I'll need the kind of support the tighter bands would provide, anyway.





My 70H HM Cukiereczek kinda sorta fits now. If I scoop my excess center tissue into the cups, I get a softly tacking gore. This is basically the case with all three HMs I have. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long if I move around a lot, so I don't consider them as fitting (more or less).

Despite the fact that this is a half cup (and again, it's the same on all three HMs), I'm on the verge of gaping because my roots are short. I think I could live with a bit of loose fabric at the top because it wouldn't be visible under clothes and I don't think it reduces support by much if at all... BUT I have no idea how small my boobs will get. I really didn't expect them to shrink as much and as quickly as they have.





The next bra I want to address is Cleo Lily. If you remember, I had 30HH and 30J. The 30HH is on its way to it's new home but I can tell you, I shrank out of it. The cups gaped similarly to how the 30J originally did, and the 30J is now even more ridiculous on me.



Not much to say about the above. Just nope.


The 70GG Cynamon I was eventually busting out of, is now not only my best fitting bra, but is the only Ewa Michalak bra that has ever tacked firmly at the gore without trying or having to fudge it. The wires are still a problem under the arms, but I knew there was a reason (aside from it's looks) that I loved this bra. Sadly, I think it's a very real possibility that I will soon be too small for it and they're nearly sold out of every size on the EM site. I'll have to figure out a way to make it smaller, or eventually part with it. /sadness


My most recently reviewed bra is Comexim's 65M Ingrid with reduced cups and raised gore. When I first got this bra in the mail, it was definitely too small for me. As of right now, it's technically the right size, but has issues.


You can see the gaping at the gore in the picture above. The wires just aren't strong enough to support all the tissue I have along the gore. In the picture below, you can see the gaping is essentially gone and the cups fit nearly perfectly (aside from empty space at the straps), when I press the gore flat. I'm not sure much can be done about this. I've thought about trying to replace the wires with stronger ones, but I don't want to compromise the bra. Besides, the soft wires are a large part of what makes this bra so unbelievably comfortable.




Of course, I'll probably be too small for this bra in the coming months, so we'll see what this bra's fate will be, then.

Finally, the bra that kind of started it all: 28HH Cleo Marcie.
At the moment, I consider myself a 30H/70H. The below photos should illustrate why.


The cups fit quite nicely on my Marcie again. Unfortunately, the band is insanely tight on me and the cups are undoubtedly being pulled quite wide because of it. There's a tiny bit of gaping along the top but with an extender (not worn here), it's not much worse.


I'm currently on the lookout for a reasonably priced 30GG/H Marcie and Lily. I'm not going to kill myself or break the bank on it though, since its entirely possible they'll end up too big for me in the not so distant future.
My feelings are so torn on this whole weight loss thing. On the one hand, I look forward to getting in shape and feeling good about myself... having more stamina, being more flexible and stronger... I even love the idea of having smaller boobs! But then I have this silly part of me that is hesitant to shrink out of my bras. Most of the ones I have left are my favorites and one of which isn't even replaceable! It just makes me a little sad. I don't even know if I'll be able to wear the bras I might be sizing into since I have no many shape quirks that I need to work with. Only time will tell...

Anyway, I'll update again in another month, assuming there's significant progress/differences in the fit of these bras, so stay tuned if that is of interest to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment